View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #367
28TudorAZ

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSSEY View Post
A few other little things are done too like a new fuel pump and fuel lines routed and hooked up. Power steering lines also hooked up. The engine is set but I can adjust it forward or backward a couple of inches once I get the cab on. I’m using Advance Adapters S10 conversion motor mounts.

I know there’s multiple ways to do the motor mounts but this is the solution I came up with. The S10 conversion mounts are meant to move the motor forward not back. You need to move the motor back with an S10 chassis swap.

I bought a set of S10 conversion mounts thinking I could simply swap them side to side to get the motor to move back not forward. However, the fuel pump casting of the block interferes with the motor mount adapter plates.

So, I put the S10 conversion mounts on the chassis and the rubber motor mounts on the motor. One other problem, at least on my chassis, the chassis motor mount bolt holes are not symmetrical. This is why the S10 2.8L motor mounts have slots in them and the Corvette style has holes.

On the passengers side you can install all three bolts. On the drivers side you can install the top bolt then drill the lower two on the chassis or weld the S10 conversion mounts to the chassis. I haven’t gotten my engine set yet so I’ve put off worrying about final attachment until then; though, I will probably bolt them on.

I picked up my S10 conversion mounts on eBay for $30 shipped. Otherwise, I don't think I would have experimented with them.

So in summary, S10 conversion mounts bolted to the chassis, rubber motor mounts bolted to the motor. From my measurements, this will get the motor back about 4 inches which I’m hoping is enough for radiator clearance; otherwise I will have to come up with another solution.
Quick question. Do you know or have a picture of the space between the firewall and motor. Also I am using the same engine. Did you keep the engine oil cooler connected or did you eliminate it?
28TudorAZ is offline   Reply With Quote