View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #139
pancake

Re: Tbi swap build thread

wow...thanks for the quick responses...

A few more questions:
What is a:
DRAC, KS, Air diverter valve, ESC, and EGRV?

Sorry I am very new at this FI stuff

After further review, I might put an TBI adapter plate on my current manifold instead of changing intake manifolds. What are you thoghts on this?

Where does the Charcoal canister go? Is it in the return line to the fuel tank?

As for the camshaft..It is an Edelbrock R/V cam...very mild...do not have the specs with me but can let you know Friday.

If you recomend a factory harness.....I was looking on e-bay and found the harness, TBI, computer and all sensors off a 89 chevy truck. He also has the fuel tank. I might go this route...I still dont know for sure.. can you explain pros and cons of both??

I will be looking for a stock tbi fuel tank because my fuel cell does not have a return line. I would also like the truck to run when it is on its side, happened 3 times already

The 4x4 does not have to have emissions and is not street driven. What sensors should i get rid of and which ones do I NEED?

If I need to get the computer re-programed who can do this, or do I just order a chip for it?

Thanks again for all this great info and the fast replies. i hope this thread keeps going, it has tons of GREAT info.

P.S. Does anyone here live in Colorado?

Last edited by pancake; 04-02-2009 at 05:55 PM.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote