View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #15
TheBlueBomber

Re: Just another twin turbo 4.8L build. Project "Short stroke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
I am also interested in this build . I have a S-10 with a 5.3 and would like to do a single 70-76mm intercooled pump gas build .
I feel like that will be the way to go. I'm sure the 5.3 alone is fun but after seeing the luv I'm guessing it'll be no comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by swb85 View Post
I think you'll want to rethink your turbo choice unless you're shooting for silly power, especially in a big ol truck. I'm knee deep in a twin turbo build on my 4th gen camaro and I'm using twin turbonetics 6165's on a 370ci motor. I'll have enough compressor wheel to make over 1200hp without taxing them hard. Twin 70s is nutso unless you want 1500+hp IMO. Looks like a cool build!!
You're definitely right. We will see which way the build goes as I start getting into it deeper. The bottom end is definitely going to see major upgrades, I want this motor to be able to hold stupid power which I know it can stock. This truck is my "rat rod" I want it to have a stupid amount of power for no reason but pure enjoyment. Plus I'd like to surprise some c6 vettes at the track.

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote