View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #16
MARTINSR

Re: Welding/Repairing Rust 01 Sierra

And might I also add that we have inspections by a company called "Verifacts", and did so yesterday. They walk through the shop unannounced inspecting how things are done, inspecting weld quality, protection of the car, are we following manufacturers guidelines?

We get the manufacturers guidelines on how to replace any welded on part from a company called "Alldata" print it out and put it in every single car that is getting a weld on part. And other parts too, but we really make sure on weld on parts. But all suspension parts, the tech gets a manufacturer guideline including all torque specs.

Probably 90% of the cars we work on are less than 5 years old.

We have all cars made after 2012 pre and post scanned for all electrical systems. We take this stuff very seriously, and yes we have had an incident where a computer in a car got cooked but it was because the guy made a MORONIC mistake.

I remember when we were taking the batteries out of all the hybreds we did if we were welding on them. I went to a Toyota training and they about laughed at that. They said unless you are welding so close that you would damage the battery with heat that is pretty much unneeded. The basic rule is 12 inches. That goes for air bags, computers, batteries, everything.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote