View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #171
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Thanks for taking us there. That plqce is awesome and I have heard of Frazers before.
No problem. I've had a good time sharing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
Those Frazers are Sweet! I agree about the front bumper...
BTW the red Chevelle is a 71... Same front end as my Elky!!!
I could spend hours there... Thanks for all the pics, AWESOME!
I updated my post to reflect that. Thanks. I spent 1-1/2 hrs there and barely had time to walk through it and take the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 463 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_Motors
My mom drove a Kaiser so here is Wikipedia take on them.
I had heard of Kaisers before, and Willys-Overland of course, but the Frazer I just don't ever recall hearing. Thanks for the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwagon83 View Post
that yard looks like a local one my dad would take us to when we were kids, now i take my son there, owner says we wont crush anything!
That's excellent. Thanks for sharing. I know there are more places out there like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Well ""I think that this car is cool"""

,,LOL,,,, of course I had one couple years back ,,about the same year,, is it okay to post a car in your posting if you had or have one like it? thx I just knew you wouldn't mind,, thx for getting this photo for me..
Sweet! I saw one in a junkyard not far from here last year. It was pretty solid and I considered hauling it home for a project. But I needed to finish what I was already working on so it was a lost opportunity. Next time I was there it was gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Thanks for the link, it brought back some old memories. Dad owned a Henry J when I was very young. When I'd act up, he'd turn around and give me a swat, but the Henry J had no parcel shelf so I'd just pop over the seatback into the trunk. If he really wanted to get me, he'd have to stop the car and go open the trunklid. Of course then I'd hop back into the rear seat. He always caught me eventually though.....
Great story! Congratulations! You survived a lack of seat belts, child seats, and corporal punishment and lived to tell about it. Now I suppose you have a story of derring-do riding a bike without a helmet and riding in the back of a pickup truck.

If anyone who is following along on my ride has a story or pictures that is sparked from my posts, please feel free to share them here. Reading about truck project progress and getting/sharing info on how to do this or that is all great, but I would rather get to know the people behind the steering wheel.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote