Thread: 72 C20 Headers
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 06:23 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Re: 72 C20 Headers

Some like manifolds, some like headers. The ones that like manifolds will tell you headers are full of problems as if you'll never have problems with manifolds. The ones who like headers will tell you they've had no more trouble than with manifolds and that's how my experience has gone. I run either/or and my decision has nothing to do with one being better than the other. More about keeping an original look under the hood or having a classic performance look or level of performance requiring more flow.

I haven't had headers on a 2wd for years so don't know the options for best clearance. If your truck is a manual shift you'll need ones that will clear the clutch linkage. I run Headman Torque-Steps on my 4wd. But I don't know if those are still made, since I got mine 14 years ago.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote