Thread: 72 C20 Headers
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #14
Bones72Super

Re: 72 C20 Headers

Unless you enjoy changing exhaust gaskets or the sound of header leaks(can sound like a loose rocker arm/bled down lifter) do not buy cheap headers.If you have to have headers buy a set that has 3/8 flanges that bolt to your cylinder head.Cheap headers have thin head flanges and after a few heat cycles will bend where the bolt goes into the head leaving a gap at your exhaust ports.This small gap is will leak hot exhaust gases and burn through your gasket in no time flat.

Headers sound great when you have a nice tightly sealed exhaust system, but the cool factor goes right out the window when all you can hear is tic tic tic tic tic tic tic.That constantly annoying sound that only gets louder as you drive, reminding you at all times that you need to buy ANOTHER set of header gaskets.

The amount of money you will spend on gaskets over the next year will outweigh the cost of buying quality set of headers.Do yourself a huge favor and buy good headers.With all that said, like mentioned above there are rams horn manifolds that have a 2 1/2 free flowing outlet and seal like they were welded to your engine.

Unless your up over the 500 hp range I would stick with the rams horns and save yourself time,money and allkinds of unnecessary headaches.L have been there,done that withh everything I have mentioned.I even ignored the advice of others who tried tell me the same thing