View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Matt Man

1967 GMC Frame Vin Number

I am having a hell of a time trying to register my new to me 67 GMC stepside. After 2 trips to my local DMV, they want CHP to verify the 2nd vin number on the truck. Then after a 4 week wait for a appointment, CHP told me that they cannot find the 2nd vin number and there for they think the truck does not have the original frame. So now he says I have to come back for another appointment to have the person HE TRAINED to look at it to check.....

I am pretty sure the frame is original to the truck, looks fine and the body mounts are still riveted to the frame. Also, it still has rear leaf spring suspension and the correct cross member for the 3 on the tree transmission which is still riveted on the frame. The truck came with a 250/3 on the tree and is very original. I decoded the vin and it has exactly the same equipment on it as it did in 67. Short bed GMC Fenderside I6 250/ 3 on the tree with a dana 44 rear end with 3.54 gears which is all there.

I read somewhere that 67 GMC trucks did not have any vin stamping on the frame including on top of the drivers side frame rail under the cab and on top of the drivers side frame rail by the power steering pump. I looked in both places and I cannot see a number anywhere no traces NOTHING. The title and cab vin match obviously so there is no problem there. Also there is a VIN tag inside the original maintenance book that came with the truck that matches the vin on the driver door jamb.

Now I have to wait another SIX WEEKS for another CHP officer to look at the truck for a 2nd vin verification. Does anyone know for sure if 67 GMC trucks did not have a vin on the frame? Any other places I can look?

very irritating, I have tons of parts already and a paint appointment. Need some help.

2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote