View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #3
Northwest Outlaw

Re: '61 Apache "BoomStick"

Took my lady for her first drive in the truck! She was a little nervous but started to enjoy herself after a few miles. Her confidence in my wrenching skills is growing, slowly. After the drive I pulled her into the garage, the truck not the wife, and replaced the valve cover gasket and lowered the rear end about 1.5".
Valve cover took about 2 hours to clean out the inside with it's 1/8" of crud build up and another 45 min trying to clean up lifters, rocker arms and springs on the engine. I know the pictures look quite dirty still, but imagine what they started as! Finally got some numbers from the head that may lead to what year this 250 is from. While I had the cover off I sanded off the paint and rust and wire brushed the raw steel then sealed it with a gloss clear coat, turned out pretty nice. Did the same with the air cleaner.
Lowering the rear was just removing some riser blocks that had been put under the springs at some point. Really just needed something to do while the engine cooled off.
Attached Images

Northwest Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote