View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:24 AM   #191
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Crew Cab build preview...

I also never posted that when I installed the dana 60 front axle I put 3:54 gears in it, the axle needed a full rebuild so I bought a new gear set, at the time I still had the rear dana 60 with 3:73 gears, I ran it a bit like that, maybe a week then found a 1st gen dana 70 with 3:54 gears on Craigslist, I think I paid about $200, it has a powelock, I bought that and installed it, of course I had to remove the shock mounts and perches, find suitable replacements, etc, along with mods to the parking brake cable mounts. The build/install was fine but I had just done all that mount work to the dana 60 I had in there...at least the dana 70 has 32 splines, the dana 60 had 30 and I was afraid it would break at any moment.

As luck would have it the local pick n pull got a 2nd gen truck with a dana 80 3:54 power lock the following week...I bought it so another axle build and swap is in the works...it will need to be narrowed. I bought a mittler brothers alignment bar and made some pucks but haven’t gotten to it yet.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote