View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #56
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

It's mine! $450 for the whole deal. He even knows the history on it, partially. A guy he knows locally bought it some years back because it was straight and clean. It sat a while because the engine was bad, then he replaced it. Looked like a typical GM crate motor, 2 barrel carb and had HEI. He drove it a while, but then it sat for a few years. By the time the junkyard guy looked at it, the engine wouldn't turn over. He thought it may be from sitting nose down on an incline and got some water in the carb, but in any case, the owner said it ran and drove good before it was parked. So with my short block transferred in, the front end missing parts from my current wreck and some maintenance items, I may have myself a pretty dam good start for a K5.

Whatever I can't use between the two rigs will be sold. I think both tops are very good and hopefully the windshield frame is good on both. If you guys have seen parts from the green Jimmy that you want, and I don't think I'll need, PM me. I don't want this thread to become a for sale posting. When I'm ready, I'll post stuff on the parts board and ebay, but not here.

Now I need to make a few calls on how to get a salvage title.

Signiture updated,
Mike

Last edited by hgs_notes; 06-26-2007 at 09:58 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote