View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #196
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

Quote:
Originally Posted by parb View Post
Great pics and story. I ended up in the same spot, once I checked out what I just bought and found very little rust it went from "lets repaint it" to frame off restoration. I'm doing very little of the work myself (no garage and even less time) but I am also not using a classic restoration shop. i'm taking different parts to different companies to do the work on the build (Eg. I have a guy who is cutting out the rockers and weld in a new one, a guy who is doing the electrical, a paint shop).

I'm 10 months post purchase and about 6 months into the restoration. I expect it to be done by mid October.
Thanks for checking it out. I'm sure mine will go frame off before it's over with. The more I dig, the more I see things I would like to do before I paint it. But it is definitely fun to tinker on. I just want to get it driveable to enjoy it a little before it gets cold!
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote