View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #65
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Not a lot has happened lately as far as making a Jimmy go. I've been either working or chasing after kids with softball. What I have done is work on getting parts I need from the green jimmy and parts for selling. So far, sold about $90 worth and currently listing somemore (see the parts board).

Parts I'm keeping: I got the main part of the grill out, all but 2 bolts holding the front bumper (dam rust), about half the bolts holding the core support. Got the front carpet strip too.

To sell: black front seats, door parts, gas sending unit, seat belts. Working on getting the top off. Again, rusty,stuck bolts. I may need to get an impact out there to loosen a few screws.

Plans continued: I need to see if it's possible to get the 400 turning over. If I get it to spin, I'll try and make it run and use it. If not, I'll order the rebuild kit for the 350 block I have. Still need to pull the side grill pieces and finish pulling the core support and bumper. After the top is off, I plan on cutting off the windshield frame. The black one is rusted. I don't think there is hardly anything else from the green truck I plan to use.

I'm getting a few parts from vtblazer (carb and mirrors) and still need to crawl around the local yard for a distributor or at least a cap and coil, exhaust manifolds, tranny cooler and an alternator.

Total spent now down to $845
Later, Mike
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote