View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
JRANGER

68 Long Stepper Build - Chyna

Well I bought the 68 Long Stepper. Was running a bit rough and rich. Backfired a lot while driving and such but once i ran the old gas out of her she stopped backfiring. He said he hadn't had her on the road in about a year. So i need t change some fluids and such. Was idling real high, dieseled just barely after i drover her for about an hour at hwy speeds. She also stalled after about 45 minutes at a stop. So I turned the idle down then though to adjust the mixtures. Did a quick research on the 1406 eldlebrock and adjusted the carb. It seemed like the screws were all the way opened. Turned them all the way right 1 at a time and adjusted them out eventually to 2.5 turns each. Seems to be running a bit better but we will see. She needs new rockers..Looks like someone did a crap job replacing the drivers side previously and there is some rusting just above the windshield which kinda scares me but all in all she is solid. Supports and floors are good. 350 Crate with about 35k miles on it and turbo 400 which currently reads 20 mph over...Guess i need a new speedo gear.

This will be an extremely slow build as my Mustang comes first so ill fix some minor things and then go from there
Attached Images

JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote