View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #52
JackB

Re: 71 AZ Rust Free CST Blazer Frame Off

Racking up the miles 1/10 already. Drove the Blazer on the trailer today and took it to the AC shop and got it charged up. Ended up going with R12 as it seems that was working best for most . Of course the AC effectiveness is somewhat limited by the lack of a windshield. One note on the AC, the reman A6 compressor came with the electrical connection at about the 2 O'clock position whereas the originals are more like 11 O'clock. I was able to make it work there but later discovered that it can be reclocked. At some point it will probably bug me enough that I'll get it fixed but it involves removing the compressor so it wont be anytime soon. Just a few more small items and the engine compartment will be finished and then I'm going to see about aligning the doors and getting the fenders and hood on. And remember how I said I didnt have any brake line leaks? Well I did, I just couldnt see it until it leaked enough to drip on the ground. Its a union on the inside of the frame rail thats leaking so add that to the list of things to sort out.
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote