View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
niceguy678us

Re: 1972 Highlander 6.0/4L80E/LoMax

I am currently working on making the BCM work in my truck. Kind of a side project just to get the little lights to work, like the headlight on light, high beam indicator and the E-brake light. But to get all your gauges to work, all you need to do is tap that grey serial data wire into any of the other serial data wires on your harness. If you don't have any of the dash wiring, you can splice it into the serial data wire on your OBD2 connector. All it has to do is tap into that one wire system to be able to communicate with the other modules, like the PCM, BCM etc.

What year pull out are you using and does the cluster match that same vehicle?

You may run into some problems if you are using different generation (body style) parts.

Also as a side note: another reason why I'm de-bugging the BCM stuff is to get my battery gauge to work. All the other gauges work off of the PCM gauge values that pass through the serial data wire. The battery gauge on the other hand supposedly gets it's info from the BCM. The BCM watches the charging circuit and operates some kind of battery monitoring system. The BCM actually operates the battery gauge. I have been daily driving my truck for years now without the BCM wired in, and without a battery gauge. All other gauges work fine.

I have tried messaging all the wiring guru's from ls1tech.com as well as other sites, but no-one has been able to help me finalize the BCM integration. Not many people want to use the factory gauge clusters. I used mine because it saved me from spending another $1000 on gauges.
1959 Apache 3100 SWB Fleetside
2006 VTX 1800f

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ght=highlander
niceguy678us is offline   Reply With Quote