View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
sparkydog

Porsche 944: Actually there is a substitute

Hi everyone! Usually I am pic heavy and word light but I thought I would announce the start of my 1st official 2nd project before anything has actually happened and before there are any pictures!

I just bought a 1986 Porsche 944 that will be the foundation of my next build. Like most of us on this forum, I succumbed to ADD and bought a 2nd project before I finished my 1st.

I will be stuffing an LSX V8 into a Porsche 944. This alone is not unique but as those of you who follow my Halfbreed build know – I seem to be the guy who tries to throw a special “spin” on my build. That will be the case with the 944. There are already many pioneers ahead of me who have rigged a 944 with LSX power. There are also a brave few who have stayed California Air Resources Board (CARB) legal. I will be following in the footsteps of these guys but will attempt to throw my typical twist on things down the road a bit.

My publicist told me that there is no such thing as bad publicity so I thought I would make the announcement just ahead of the holiday weekend and generate some buzz! I won’t have the vehicle in my sinister little hands for a couple of more weeks. Stay tuned for the next post – which will include a rant concerning all the things wrong with the 944 and what I will try to do to show those German bastards how they should have done things!

Have a safe and happy July 4th holiday!
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote