View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #72
Whamo

Re: Shop truck build

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRotten View Post
Wasn't too sure how that grille would look, but wow it looks pretty darn good!
Thank ya Rotten!

As I mentioned, the grille was already busted up and so it was a great piece to test out some ideas. That applies to just about everything on this truck and it's rebirth. She was busted up and tired and needed some love. I do not have the time or finances to restomod her the way I would soooo love to. This girl will be a workin shop truck, so this build can be categorized somewhere between rebuild and Roadkill...I like to call it a rattle can resto...

Here is Her backstory...

I got this truck in 2009 for $1600 off Ebay. I was in a real bad spot in life and I was buying her as my only means of transportation. My situation continued to be ugly and for a short while she was not only my truck but my house as well.

Things got better...got a dually for biz and a regular ride for daily duty and started thinking about tearing Annabelle down for a rebuild...then the following happened (and this is the Reader's Digest version):

...Got rear ended on the interstate by a waterhead in a tuner that sent me bouncing between 2 semis like a pinball...Insurance totaled her and I bought her back.

...went through 3 jasper long block 4.3's...yes, 3! The 4.3 stinks and so does Advance Auto Parts!

...traded my dually for a vortec V-8 and a paint job...when I got the truck back it had a tired 350 from a 75 donor in it and the fella shot the whole truck with rhino guard...Said fella had screwed several people over and had bolted to AZ to hide out on a reservation. I could write a novel on how bad a job that cat did - I think an 8th grade shop class would've done a better job.

...after a month of peeling off rhino guard, removing all the V6 bracketry and parts that nimrod tried to make work on the V8...and removing all the bolts that nimrod had welded to the exhaust and then to the bottom of the bed of the truck as support (yeah, that idea didn't work!), I'd had enough and started fixing her up myself - when I had time - which is rare.

This build ain't near as exciting as most that I follow (and you guys are doing some killer work!) and she ain't gonna be all that purdy, but with some Hillbilly Handlin, hopefully she's gonna get around ok and not look too shabby...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=622194
Whamo is offline   Reply With Quote