View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #16
moregrip

Re: my C10 project....building a truck from a heap of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I've been on this site for a while & would say there are a few that might swap over to a T/A conversion but they are the exception. "Most" guys just re-work & try to improve what they have (sticking w/the leaf set-up) on their Square body trucks.
Hey SCOTI, I would love a sweet 4 link or trailing arm suspension.......but one of things I'm trying to do, more so than in the past, is "smartly" decide where my time, effort, and money gets invested......so anything in good serviceable shape will more than likely get re-used over buying something new.

Which brings me to another point, I've never done sheet metal repair, always wanted to learn/try, but is repairing my current cab worth it considering I don't own a welder and then add in the cost of repair panels vs a rust free cab? Should I be investing my limited time elsewhere?

I've already sort of broken a promise to myself.....which was.....I was going to wait until my 3 car garage auto/fab shop was completely or nearly completely setup before I started another large project......I started looking up the cost of some of the NOS parts or just solid used parts for Squarebodies nowadays............holy cow $h!t! I started to wonder if I could even afford a Square in say 2 years............the prices in some cases are higher than the 67-72 stuff!..........plus..........I always like to have at least one project laying around, even if it just sits there..........it's a sickness I guess

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)

Last edited by moregrip; 01-11-2017 at 11:41 AM.
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote