View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
mr48chev

Re: Salvage Parts! Which Ones Do You Use?

From what i see, there are a lot of Craigslist and now FB sellers who are trying to make a serious profit off certain popular items. I see that in this area a lot. That guy may have given your uncle a buddy deal too. Or he just had so many of them that he wanted to get some gone. if you have 20 rigs sitting out back with decent running engines just like the ones you have sitting on the floor in the shop the ones on the floor might not be all that high priced as if you had 2 rigs out back with those engines and one sitting on the floor.

Here i see adds from a couple of guys (back ground in the photos is always the same) who seem to be buying and scrapping rigs for a living out of their back yard. Either one will have a Craigslist add going for an engine and trans out of truck around 2000 to 2010 and usually offer up other pieces in other adds then you see another add for parts off a different truck a couple of weeks later and repeat. They are usually asking those stiff prices you mention.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote