View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
jfnar

Thump in front end, advice needed.

I recently went through the process of upgrading to disc brakes on a 68 swb. I did all the tie rod ends and ball joints as well as changing from an aftermarket sway bar with worn out end links to a 72 sway bar with all new brackets and bushings. I also replaced the lower control arm on the driver's side. After all this I now hear a thump sometimes when I turn. It doesn't seem to matter which way I turn. It doesn't do it every time but enough to bother me. I removed the sway bar and the noise is still there so I've eliminated that part as a possible culprit. I'm wondering if it's possible to reinstall the coil spring improperly. I just put it back in the recess where it came from but I don't know if there's a particular position it needs to be in. I hope to have time to go through it this weekend to look for anything that might be loose. Any suggestions of possible causes for a noise in the front end will be appreciated. This was the first time I've taken all this apart so if there's a rookie mistake to be made I probably found it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff
jfnar is offline   Reply With Quote