View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

2005 Envoy with 5.3 issues

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes

Wife has a 2005 Envoy with 5.3. Sunday we went out for dinner probably 75 mile round trip. We had to drop a friend off and then stopped by the store. I stayed in car with it running while she went inside to grab a few things. When I left I made it about 1500 ft and the car sputtered a few times and died at the stop sign. I put it in neutral and it started right back up ran rough for maybe 10 seconds and died again. cranked over fine but would not start after that. Called the rollback and they brought it home. About 3 hours later I went out and it fired right up. 1st thing that had crossed my mind was the fuel pump when it happened. My pickup did the same thing a few years ago but it would not start until I did change it. I put my code reader on it today and it posted 4 codes, 0443, 1516, 1682 & 2176. I don't know much about these new engines and when I googled the codes a lot of it is greek to me. I cleared the codes then I started the car up again today and let it run for 2 hours with the ac on high and it never once cut out. Should I look into this further or wait to see if it happens again? I should mention that before we went to dinner it was low on gas so i stopped and filled up before driving the 75 miles.

TIA
Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote