View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:07 AM   #10
homemade87

Re: 2005 Envoy with 5.3 issues

I just seen this . I have a trailblazer SS and had the same problem . It was definitely temperature related . Left us stranded at grocery store . Towed it home thinking fuel pump . 160,000 miles on it so decided to put a new fuel pump in for maintenance purposes for long haul trip security . Happened again at wife work . Went to investigate and it fires up . I then realized it was temp related . Got on the tbss forum and found some info . I did pull the fuse block totally apart and found the problem .

The fuse block is made of plastic . It expands with temp . The wires run in a tight channel . The wires are inserted and some places are in a tight 90 degree turn . When the plastic expands the 90* flexes and will break in time . I did find mine and soldered it back with no problems at all . The tbss problem was the injector circuit would not get power . I did find I could put a paper clip in where the relay was to power it up for test diagnosis . Problem was the relay would not get power to energize .

Hope this might help someone in the future .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote