View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #45
Sillyoldman

Re: Any ideas how to keep people from driving on my lawn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
Man, between the folks walking through the yard (old thread) the wife's stint with the PD and now this, how about a fresh start under an assumed name!? No, then any tpe of fencing you are willing to deal with (weedeat around) railroad ties can be had from Home Depot, or the like set them out and spike em in with rebar, leave a gap of 2-3 ft between them so they don't look too bad, but prevent anyone from driving over them. Or maybe a gate at the dirt road's entrance, since it dead ends on your property? Big rocks are a great way as well, again spaced just far enough, but not enough to fit between.

These are not advised according to my attorney!

All else fails, you need some plywood with nails, you know some home improvement project you started but didn't finish?? or those really cool nails with the sheetmetal heads, lay em out then pick up before mowing, or you could have some other PD issues on your hands!!
Thought about the gate thing too. My dirt road has three other home that I share an easment with. The neighbors have rights to my portion of the road too. They never come down here, but it needs to be left as an option. I contacted a couple tugboat companied to enquire about used mooring line. Maybe I'll do nothing because this thread is getting funny. May be worth it?

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote