View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #5
shifty
Questionable

Re: Either learn how to paint or buy a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
LMC has them but they want your first born as payment
I didn't want to call them out directly in case there were any hardcore LMC fans on here, but that's I meant by "way too spendy". Best price I could find on eBay is $124 and free shipping which is about $10-20 cheaper than LMC

Link to that: https://www.ebay.com/itm/201904265229

But, let's be real. I'm not going full resto on my truck. It's a work truck. I am trying to make it look a little less weathered though.

Surprised someone doesn't make a glue-in insert! You can clearly pop out the GMC logo (albeit in pieces) and there's a nice little tray left behind to drop a new logo into.

Someone could probably get those fabbed up for $15-20/unit and sell on eBay for twice the fab cost, make a good chunk of change. But do them in alloy with no plastic cover so people can re-touch them after!

Next time I hit the JY, I may pop one off and see if I can't make a mold of it, or use it for a template. If nobody else will do it, could be a fun side project to work on...

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 04-08-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Metal is "alloy", not "allow".
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote