View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #4
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: question on tire size for the panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
What look are you striving for? Street truck? Then 275/60/15' are tall and wide a 295/50/15 is wider but shorter. Although with just a 2" drop some 285/70's would fill the wheel well nicely. There are some larger light truck tires out there if want the big tire off road or commercial look.

Check this thread on 15's

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=703601
I Just want to fill the fenders up a bit more. I will definitely have to wait until I get it back on the ground to see were it sits 1st because I am unsure if there was any drop in the front springs. They look stock to me but I want to be sure. The tires it has on it (which need to be replaced anyway due to age and cracking) just looked like a lost ball in the tall grass. I don't want to drop the truck as much as just get the air out of the openings, if you know what I mean.

What it has now is 235/70 in the rear and 215/ 70 on the fronts with the vette rallys. and this is what it looked like when I 1st brought it home.

Name:  IMG_0207.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  49.5 KB

It will sit at least 2" lower front and rear now due to spindle change and added block in rear.

There are a lot of pages to sift thru on the link you provided so I hope to find something that has the stance I am looking for. I am not ready for tires yet but there are a lot of deals locally on craigslist for tires from time to time and would hate to miss out on a decent set.

Thanks for the link.

Richard
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote