View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
Juiced06GTO

69 Suburban Build

Well, I am a few weeks late in starting my build thread and don't have much to show yet, but here it is. I posted a few pics in my possible purchase thread so some might be repeats. I have it registered and inspected now, I had to work out a few bugs, an overheating issue and a brake issue, but I drove her to work last Friday. I should get some more pics once I get going on the body work this weekend.

Right now I have all the replacement panels, a rear seat out of an 04 Suburban with the seat belts built in, and some new front seats I am trying to grab from a guy on craigslist. My original plan was to run the 454 this year, but I may have fallen into a deal to good to pass up, a 6.0 LS motor complete for $900 bucks. I just happen to have a 4L80 kicking around as well, so I guess we'll see what happens. I think I am going to snag the motor regardless of whether I use it or not.

Anyone know what the market is like for a good 454/TH400 combo? The motor sounds like it has a small cam, and it is out of a car. Other than that I don't know much about it.
Attached Images

Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote