View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
paintman

46 windshield? What am I looking at here?

Well i'm still trying to figure out what to do with my windshield dilema. Try and use the old frame, pop for a new one, or go 1 piece glass.
I came across this pic on the HAMB and wondered what is going on here. It looks as if it's 2 pieces of glass because of the seam in the middle. However I don't see any kind of frame around it. Is it possible to do 2 pieces butted together with the proper gasket? And still have the crank out work? Or is this an optical illusion, and it's really a 1 piece windshield?

[/URL]

As you may recall in my build thread, the dilema is.....my frame has a little bit of rot (that is nearly impossible to repair), right were the center brace attaches at the bottom. The brace covers the rot, but juuuuuust barely.

The only thing I can think of doing. Is assemble the frame with the glass and center brace installed, along with a wad of panel adhesive in the gap around the connecting V bar.. Then do whatever shaping andminor putty work that is needed around the outside of the center brace (BEING CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH THE GLASS). Then attempt to paint the frame with the glass installed?

Or, go ahead and paint the frame now. Assemble the frame and glass, then work the rotted area with putty. Then just touch up the bottom of the frame with paint when all is done.

Anybody got any other ideas? There's no way i am popping for a new frame. I would rather just tack some chicken wire across the front of the opening and go dirt track style.
[/URL]

[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote