View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 06:10 PM   #84
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
I don't have the spid and I'd love to know if my 72 is a real Super or a fake.

Has AC, shoulder seat belts, wood on the door panels and dash, tilt, rear cab light, lower trim only. I added the seat cover.

Any ways I can tell 100%?

That could be a Super. I'm not an expert, but from my education you can't confirm unless everything lines up. Really, it's process of elimination for increasing odds of originality. The SPID is an important component. Your truck had a build sheet (under the seat behind webbing, careful, it's brittle). If it's gone that's strike two. Also, how much of that truck are original parts, including the VIN plates to title?

Super came with upper moldings, so if authentic they sealed up the holes. That or the entire body is a replacement Ha! (extreme). Guess these had chrome tailgate handles as well. Yours doesn't, but mine doesn't either. They may not hold up well, though my tailgate is thrashed.

I don't believe A/C was a Super standard. It was an option on anything Custom Deluxe forward, if not Custom forward.

Authentic or not NICE truck. One of the better paint schemes IMO, dark olive + wood grain.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 02-07-2017 at 06:30 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote