View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #273
Billhilly

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Hey Billhilly!

Yeah, I’ve been watching your build but mostly through my phone, which isn’t easy to make comments with. Also dug your pictures on the mountain. Too cool!
Thanks! It's hardly 1000 miles off road in UT, but I'm trying. Given the scale of things down here, well, it's limiting!

Quote:
I tell ya, I really like these Duratracs! The set on the Polar Bear really belong on the K10 but the bear borrowed them for a while to chase a vibration issue (turned out the vibration wasn’t the tires anyway). I need to swap them back soon. Anyway, I run the air pressure at 50 psi front/rear when they are on the Burb and 50 psi front/55 psi rear when they are on the K10 due to the weight of the camper. They seem to be wearing very well. In fact, they don’t show any wear hardly at all although I only have about 7,000 to 8,000 miles on them. Maybe a little more…. I kind of lost track of the miles being I’ve swapped them back and forth from truck to burb a few times. I highly recommend them. You going to love them! I have a set of 285 Duratracs on my Silverado HD as well but those probably only have a couple thousand miles on them if that.
I thought they were on your K10, but trolling through your threads looking for pic's, the first photo I found was one of the Burb with them on. Good to hear you are getting a great run out of them. And I'm obviously pretty close with pressures too.

Quote:
Thanks for the engine swap comments. They've definitely been fun to do!
I'm wondering what freight is for a LQ9/4500/205 combo, CO to NZ........?!

Oh, this is the photo I found on your thread. She must love the trucks, and the camper must be perfect for her!
Attached Images