View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #199
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: 1950 Chevy 3600 - Bumper Punchin'

And for the alignment of the axle, i setup the notch so that it was forward of center by about .5". The plan is for ride height to be the position where the driveshaft is the longest, therefore, the arch should bring it forward when aired out.

So then i got to work cutting out the notches. Well, my cut off wheel decided to retire for good just as i was getting into the meat of the second hole, so that ended the night. Here's where it sits right now. And yeah, i have jack stands in front of and behind the frame cut on both sides of the frame.

Did i mention that the notch was a lot bigger than i had planned?? It's cool though. I'd rather have too big of a notch than to small. It's gonna look sweet when it's done.

The next few days are going to be crazy. Since i wasn't able to get much work done last week i ordered in a bunch of parts. Wheels are on their way, American Autowire wiring harness showed up today (it's very intimidating looking!), radiator showed up over the weekend and my column and missing suspension parts should be here tomorrow (right Jeph? )

So tomorrow we're planning to finish the notch i started tonight, do the final mock up of the motor mounts and get them all welded up and get the tranny mount done.

Friday my brother is coming down to help me with the motor so we should have that all taken care of by saturday night. I highly doubt we'll be starting it this weekend. (crap! i need to order a mini starter!). While all that is going on I also plan to get the rear suspension all mocked up and hopefully bob68327 can do the final welding on sunday.

Hell, by the end of the weekend we may just have a roller!!

Last edited by IvelDesigns; 04-23-2009 at 12:44 AM.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote