View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #19
rcbildr

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg1010 View Post
So... do you have any idea of the fate of the high mileage nova? Did they wholesale it? Any chance of locating it?
I was living in Idaho Falls at the time, so I don't think I will be able to get it back. A couple weeks after I traded it in I saw it on a used car lot and shortly after that I saw it driving around town. Frustrating part was I got rid of it just as those cars were getting popular too. I'm hoping to find a 2 door 5 lug car some time in the future....even when I had the car I wanted to find a 2 door shell and transfer everything over. I almost had one but was talked out of it. My friend and I saw it in a wrecking yard and it had been hit hard on the driver side corner. The dash was bent from the hit and I wouldn't have enough time and $$$ to fix it properly....was going off to boot camp a few months later.

I kinda got a replacement for it...more like it's big brother. My friend had a 63 chevy truck that we would cruise around in...had a hard time keeping up with him in my nova. I bought that from him a couple months ago and have been working on that. I have some great memories from both vehicles and was really stoked to be able to buy that truck from him. I think he was glad I bought it too.
1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote