View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
BMERDOC

I Found the Magic Button!

Ok, so I've been messing with my trucks alignment and have a thread going about how to improve the original specs. I haven't been driving it much but now that its warm out its time to dust it off. I added power steering, shocks all the way around and a 1 1/16" bar I had laying around. I thought now would be a good time to recheck the alignment and see if anything had changed.

In my Alignment thread I have advised that it is best to remove all the shims in the front end and equalize the sides to gain the most negative camber and positive caster you can get.

Welp, this Saturday I took the truck up to work to do another alignment and discovered this little button that says "Match using cross spec". I never noticed it before. I clicked on it and it gave me the option of which side I'd like to adjust to match the other side. I couldn't de-shim an already unshimmed control arm so I had to "de-tune" the hotter side. So selecting the left side gave me the measurements required to match the left side to the right. One 1/8" shim was required in the front and two 1/8" (1/4" total) was all that was required to get the most out of the angles I could. I set the toe 1/16" per side and took it for a spin. It handles great! And it won't burn up tires. The stock specs are .8 to -.3 camber and 2.0 to 3.0 caster so the front end is still within factory spec but at the outer permissible ranges. -.3 camber is fine but I'd be happier with -.5. I will be performing the "Caster Mod" to dial in additional caster.

My truck does have 3" springs on the front so I'm curious what effect different suspension combinations would have. My machine is a Hunter, I'm not sure if other brands have this same kind of feature. I hope you guys find this useful!!
Attached Images

2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote