View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #123
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: The Official John Lee Jr Thread

But, lookie what the big brown truck brought!!!

All the soft goods needed to seal (I have the door frame rubber already, it came w/Ol John Lee!) and eliminate all the leaks and rattles in the doors.

And, prize of prizes.....Carburation thats less than 48 years old....with some linkage bits too.

GoodWife Sharps is at work all night....I'm playin in the garage with no worries and a big cigar. I even got a fuel filter here for it. So, per Mr. Langdon, ignor the Weber Carb fuel pressure and delivery myths. 4 to 8 lbs from a mechanical pump is perfect. Never use a fuel pressure regulator and do use a good fuel filter, do it right once I think he's sayin. (Pretty much matches up with what I read on Inliners and on the Ford Sixes sites. So, I'm rollin with what the Engineer of the Engine says is right.)

Mount the bowl faceing forward, primary venturi will be next to the engine valve cover, secondary will be on the Port (left - outside of the engine faceing the inner fender), never mount it backwards but sideways is okay if I'm not into cornering races.

See ya later Allegator, I'm for the Mo Better Power - Reliability First Garage!

Last edited by Sharps40; 10-07-2013 at 08:17 PM.