View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Chlsnk

Post Re: Project Physcobilly <shortbed build>

August 22nd 2009 Song of the day : Shinedown sound of maddness

I really start diving into the rust! I start on the passenger side by replacing the rocker. I didn't know how bad the inner rocker was until I removed the outer rocker searched around and found some patch material from another truck I put patch pannels on. This really was a snag in my days plan it took alot longer than I thought it would and it was dark by the time the rocker went on and I wasnt able to get the cab corner on. Oh well.
Pictures posted of this !

*****I also had a few hail dents in my hood and a crease on the front brow of the hood. Using a stud gun I was able to pull all of these out and only needed a fine skim of putty cote to remedy this. ***

After

*****Also did I mention that all this work is coming from a 16 year old? Im flying solo on this one and just learing at I go******

August 23rd 2009 Song of the day Toby Keith - Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue. Glad I live in the USA

Got another late start today and noticed my rocker was on crooked so I had to cut all the welds from yesterday and start over again but I guess things happen this way and I would rather do it once and do It right. It really started rollin and the Cab corner was going on well until my uncle walked by and started to weld on it when I was inside . Not a good thing I come out to see a nickle sized burn through were he was welding had to fab up a small patch for it once again another unexpected hold up but hey what can you do?

I was alittle scared to be welding next to a gastank even though it is drained and not used .I taped up the openings and covered it in two welding blankets. ( I know risky but im still here and I advise any one else not to do this)

The cab corner goes on GREAT all my body lines match up. After I got the welds ground down I applied some plastic filler. I have found that I like evercoats RAGE the best and is worth every penny and would recomend it to any one , It also sands very nicely. If I need a final skim coat I use putty coat It is some damn good stuff too! I ended up using less than 1/2 pint of plastic filler to fill some low spots and even then most ended up on the ground.

It may be good to mention I use buff 2k fill urathane primer first then dupont gray epoxy laccuqure primer on all of my stuff soon.

Finished the say by shooting another thin coat of epoxy primer and block santed my drivers side door with a sheet of 180 grit wrapped around a paint stick this really gets you smooth!

After I was done working for the day I ran out to LMC to pick up my drivers side rocker I was going to patch it but it ended up the rocker was worse than I thought so I opted for a repop instead.

Also got a pretty cool shirt! http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=90 Its a 67- 72 shirt but Hey its a chevy truck !

Posted pictues of progress
Attached Images

Last edited by Chlsnk; 08-23-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Chlsnk is offline   Reply With Quote