View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: Project Trippin Hazard

Hey everyone,
Like many other addicted fans of this site, I have been lurking, posting, and in many cases lusting after some of the tremendous builds shared among these pages. Also like many others, my projects, ideas, and even inspirations change from time to time (sometimes faster than it takes to read a build thread)… I look forward to learning some new nugget of information every time I visit, but I have unfortunately fallen victim to having some awesome projects bought, started, stopped, sold, and a few unceremoniously left for the mythical “be all end all” build thread.

Ok, enough already…, time to get this build going and for once push a project to a phase that will allow me to enjoy all the time, effort, and money spent on my addiction...

I am launching a new build, and calling it Trippin Hazard. Originally called “Chaos Theory” (one definition being - Chaos Theory deals with nonlinear things that are effectively impossible to predict or control, like turbulence, weather, the stock market, our brain states, and so on). That describes me to a T...

Anyway, I’m stepping into this build very much like many of you have, by picking up what once was someone else’s father son project that just didn’t come to fruition. It changed hands a few times until it landed in mine, with some of the former owners being fellow board members. (I will let them decide if they want to identify themselves).

She is technically a 1969 short wide, but will resurrect as a 68. Some work was started, (c-notch, bagged, tubbed with a narrowed 12 bolt, and 2 wheels used for mock up, however only a small amount that will remain as my vision goes in a different direction.

Quick rundown on what I had to begin with
1969 Short bed Chevrolet pickup.
• narrowed 12 bolt (six inches overall)
• Widened tubs to match
• 1968 front clip
• 18x8 (4.5 BS) & 18x10 (4.0 BS) Boyd “Harm” wheels (only came with one of each, more on that story)
• C- Notched
• Bags all four corners

• No engine, transmission, wiring, column, windshield, back window, tailgate, and so on…

And there it is, from a decent beginning to.... well something i can be proud of, that's the end goal...

Here are a few pictures of the day one ride home. (this was about a year ago already)

And finally finding a spot in the shop..

I'll give a rundown of the plans for her in my next installment, along with some of the parts I have been acquiring over the past couple years... Hope you enjoy..

Drew

Last edited by Twisted78SS; 10-13-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote