Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
gigamanx

Re: '50 chevy 3100

You have a 5 window what a cool start. The floor looks like it needs a lot of love. I'm a year into my S10 swap of a Chevy 3100 so I can at least tell you what "budget minded" can get you in that direction. I started with a full Chevy 3100 and purchased a used 1988 Chevy S10. Just a month ago, I got myself a gently loved Chevy 350 from a C1500. I've been trying to use as many parts as I can, but to do it right there is definitely money involved. I agonized over other builds and IFS vs S10 chassis. Both seem to have their merits. If I were to go back a year ago with what I know now, I probably would have done an IFS. It sounds like a lot of money up front, but I've already spent that much just getting this S10 chassis to work with a 350 SBC. I still have a ton of fabrication to do just to make the body fit. I then have to worry about all the interior stuff. I was able to use the master cylinder and pedals. That's about it haha.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote