View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
ptc

Re: Photobucket, and the Loss of Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
There is one simple answer that has been enabled on most forums; Message attachments. I've always used it when it is there. Just click the 'Manage Attachments' and there ya go, your pictures with your messages.
Its not a simple answer - TI brings up a good point which nobody seems to want to talk about here on this site. Sure I agree using the site attachment management function is the right way to do it, but it needs updating. More than 5 photos at a time and more size. Im no computer programmer but it has to be possible.

PB has seriously destroyed the content on this forum; plain and simple.... are forums going to make deals with PB to get the content back up? Is the content even going to be available if the 'legal stuff' gets over turned? Is it going to be as simple as PB flipping a switch and everyones pictures on every web forum are just going to go back to normal? or is it gone now forever?

The 'loss of knowledge' is really a serious issue that has been crafted from all the "forum-content-builders" - which is all of us.... not the forum directors, programmers, mods, 'police', that just make the site available. Although we trust them to never just pull the plug one day and delete all the content in its entirety, archiving these forum posts has to be something we look for into the future. Not necessarily the jam recipes and the EPA gas can conversations that ya'll want to labor over, but the real good truck CONTENT! -