View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Dan in Pasadena

Re: '59 Chevy - 8 Week Build (Video!)

Ambitious plan, but I’ll enjoy watching the effort.

Based on my experience I’d say that the, “...while-we’re-in-there-we-may-as-well...” will get you.

This of course depends on how thorough a job your’re going to do? Are you REALLY going to repair all the rust? That can easily take all 8 weeks by itself. If the bed has that bad of cancer then the door bottoms, rockers, cab corners, lower hinge pockets and interior steps probably do too. Clearly it has rust in the roof gutters and you will find that cutting it out only reveals more rust in the interior perimeter roof panels. Also dont forget to check the headlight “brow” areas.

If you had a lot of experience with Task Force trucks, had a full time helper, a full shop of tools and 8 full time weeks to do it you MIGHT “complete” it - however you define that - on a less rusty truck. Not trying to discourage you but you are biting off a huge chink with that timetable. Best of luck!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote