View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
Dan in Pasadena

Re: '59 Chevy - 8 Week Build (Video!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farintosh View Post
Thanks for the input Dan!
You’re very welcome of course. All the guys here are very helpful and courteous. Even though we’re all over the map politically, economically, financially, in experience and tools everyone seems to like helping out each other when we can. And everyone appreciates everyone else’s truck no matter how rough or custom.

Quote:
....the "while-we’re-in-here" effect is already altering my goals.
Yeah, don’t let it get you down. It gets all of us. Too bad all the early photos in my thread are in “Photobucket Hell” or you could see more clearly that it REALLY got me, even before I did the full tear down it’s in now.

Try very hard not to get discouraged - it’s easy to happen over long winters (SoCal guy, like I’d even know, lol!). But watching the guys here helps.

Quote:
....if I choose to stay here for work/my PhD I'll pick it up next winter and invest a bit more time and money into it.
Good plan. Save the harder stuff for later when you’ve developed more skill or seen how other guys have done the same areas on their projects. Curious (nosy!) if you DON’T stay up there will you keep the truck? You’re likely to have a lot of sweat equity in it!

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote