View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #131
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

lots going on, seems like every weekend. I was sick for a week, then suz was sick a week, it all adds up. not complaining, I will be honest I am enjoying taking drives in the M3 lately.

anyway, taking care of some work I had been putting off. I buttoned up the front end, shocks, cotter pins, calipers, pads. I mentioned way back that the guy had replaced the upper control arms (complete) and lower balljoints but didnt put cotter pins in. well it turns out he didnt take the old ones out. I didnt know it was possible but he got the castle nuts off without taking the cotter pins out, so they were jammed in the holes. it only took a couple hours to get them out. ridiculous. no pictures, but the front is done.

painted the artilleries, was on the fence between cream and black and I think black fits the fallen angel better.
IMG_8348-1 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8353 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I got "chevrolet" script decals for the smoothie caps, they should look great.

got the shortbed tacked. those $6 butt weld clamps work great, I highly recommend.
IMG_8354 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8355 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the tailgate is giving me a quandry, I am thinking of leaving it as-is, but I will probably just cut off the rusted top (its upside down in the picture) and weld on some muffler pipe as a repair.

IMG_8356 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I also got the seat mount lined out and the floor seam sealed. next is battery and wiring.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote