View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:11 AM   #20
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Re: Vintage air in the 73-87 trucks questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazieview View Post
Man it sure seems like a lot of guys from tx are using the vintage air setup. Maybe I should get in touch with them to see if they would like to try out that new setup on my truck. where r they located anyway?
Vintage Air is located in San Antonio. They have all the trucks they need, AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
My original AC went out for the third time in a row (134a converted). It doesn't blow very strong but it cooled the truck when it worked... how "stock" do these Vintage Air systems look?
On the inside, the only difference is the control panel. It is laid out a little differently, but still uses chrome sliders on a black panel. It uses all of the stock vents on the dash. There is just a little bit off the unit hanging down under the dash. Oh, and you lose about half of the depth of the glovebox.

Under the hood is where it is significantly different. It gets rid of the big box on the passenger side of the firewall entirely. The kit comes with plates to block off all of the holes that the original system used. You just have four holes in the firewall where the two hoses for the a/c and the two for the heater go through the firewall. It also comes with a parallel flow condenser, and it moves the drier behind the grille with the condenser.

My truck is at my other house, the one I am renovating to move into. I'll try to snap some photos this week and get them up.

Slonaker

EDIT: It all looks very similar to the 67-72 kit.

http://www.vintageair.com/67-72chevygmcpup.asp

Last edited by Slonaker; 06-20-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote