View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #22
50bomb

Re: v8 283 carburetor

So im going to call my neighbor down the road after work today. He is a retired vietnam war veteran who worked as a mechanic on aircrafts. He has tons of old chevys in his land. He has alot of knowledge on these. I just wanted to share with yall because I like others opinions and what I should go with. Just to keep my options open. Think I will have him rebuild this carby for me for now so I dont have to spend to much and decide if I want a different motor later. CAPTAINFAB and GEEZER#99 he said that hose is suppose to have some kind of breather on it like a pcv valve? and the breather cap on oil tube shouldn't have the breather cap just normal cap? Yea I was alil sad that the heads were not original when he told me. BUT i guess now that AcampoDave pointed out that those are 305 heads (14014416) with higher output makes me feel alot better. Im not trying to build a hot rod just something fun and safe to drive and hopefully a daily driver someday because truck payments suck haha. I have owned about 6 of these trucks in the last 12 years and I still am learning alot and have alot more to learn and understand. Thanks for taking the time with me to figure out this mess.