View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #34
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetline - NZ Build

So I got some good news on Friday from my importer. His container finally arrived in NZ ......

First thing tomorrow I can go and collect all my goodies including;
* rear cab corners
* new cab step plates
* C4 front suspension setup including steering wheel
* window felts and rubbers etc for 1 piece conversion.

=========

With that in mind and being today is a public holiday and its raining cats and dogs I thought I might as well do some work on the ol girl.

I narrowed the chassis rails enough to allow the new FlatOut x-member to fit which included....
*measuring 27.5" (698mm) from front chassis to mark original wheel centre
*checked and double checked the C4 Flatout X-Member to ensure the wheel centre marking was 5/16" behind the centre
*ensured the box sections fitted in the chassis rails
*aligned and fitted the cross-member for the first time

It was about now that I remember reading somewhere that the original wheels don't centre in the fender and you need to move them forwards of backwards if you want to correct this.

As my cab is still at the panel shop waiting on the steps and corners I cant mount the guard up to check so thats all going on hold until the cab comes back. sigh.....

Being I was in the mood to do some work I decided to start the window conversion as well. I removed all the factory windows and vent glass etc and printed out the window template (c/- GRIMSS) ... which I then assembed and traced onto a piece of 3mm hardwood for testing.

It was about now that I realised I had no cutting discs for the grinder and being a public holiday nothing is open so I went inside and started drinking.... sigh......
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote