Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #44
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Mongo, I was looking at that picture after I posted it. I was wondering if all metal would fill and cover. Apparently not, so I'll go back and touch it up with the MIG once I get to the welding supply and get some gas.

Raven, the project was media blasted and primed before I bought it, but it sat for years since the primer was done before I got it. So for my repairs, I'm using a wire wheel to clean off the primer and any rust from the spot where I need to weld prior to welding. Then I am spraying the areas that will be covered with new metal with the weld through primer. Then I'm covering those areas up with new patches and welding them in place. Then I'm spraying some more primer on until I can get the whole cab blasted and primed properly.

Lower50's, thank you. I know others are laughing at my work, but starting a project like this with no prior body repair experience, I do feel like I am learning and improving. I have a ways to go, but looking at the welds, they are not proud, so any filler will smooth over them, and they are getting better. Oh, and I've removed rusted out panels.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote