View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #504
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo George View Post
It's still a bare frame sitting beside my shop waiting for me to get around to blasting it. This time of year is busy as I have the fleet of 62 motorcycles to service and get out on location for training then teaching every weekend plus I've been running the wheels off the new Ram going around picking up new motorcycles and delivering them to training ranges. I'm leaving out tomorrow morning at 0500 to deliver my last trailer full of 14 bikes to a location 180 miles away. I'm not complaining though, at $2/mile transport fee plus my hourly rate on location and return trip it'll be a profitable morning. Then I'll get home, hop on the Harley and head 180 miles the other direction to teach a class this weekend. With any luck the 55 frame will get blasted in two weeks, I'm taking a few days off to get caught up in the shop and as soon as I get it blasted I can get it inside and painted so that I can start building it.
And you say that I am busy! Holy cow brother, YOU have a full plate!

Right now, aside from the primary and secondary jobs, things are pretty slack. We are done with breeding season for the year and almost all of the horses have been sent home. Now its a matter of keeping the ones remaining fed and healthy and keeping the place mowed. Michael's Jeep project is on hold while he works on funds for the new engine/transmission and his other part-out truck has yet to be delivered. About the only other project I can foresee is building a front porch for Kim's mom with the steel pipe I was given.

And of course, the home repairs in our place.

Be careful on your travels this weekend.

-Joe