View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #61
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

haha thanks Chad. The old 355/700r4 combo is making its way into a co-workers g-body. His anemic smog-era 305 just wasn't doing the job anymore lol.

No pics from this weekend, just A LOT more wiring. It turns out my old fuse panel had melted a good portion of the original harness, and on top of the that the various retro-fits over the years and really messed things up.
*Insert pic*
We are ripping the entire thing out and starting from scratch. Fuel pump and rear lighting has all been handled. The headlights and dome light have been moved to 2 seperate dash mounted switches, removing the multi function switch from the dash, and the foot control. The wipers will also be moved to this same panel, so only the ignition will remain on the bezel.
*insert pic*
Running ALL new wires is a serious headache, but luckily I have some help. Mike (I have a picture of him doing some wiring here somewhere), is a 35yr veteran mechanic. He's currently a medium duty dodge truck senior mechanic, but used to work on anything (including military vehicles) for the military when he was living in soviet Russia. He has made sense out of this mess and is getting the wiring cleaned up so not only can we start the truck, but everything will be easily traceable and serviceable in the future. All new fuse panel in cab, all new wiring, fuses, grounds and more. Only a few select stock peices will remain.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote