View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #270
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax40 View Post
Very nice work I like the attention to detail. I had a question on the underwood factory wiring. I have an 89 big block truck that I converted to an lq9 and I'm starting to dissect the TBI harness out. My LS harnes is already done. What wires did you end up keeping. So far Iv found the 12v and couple sensor wires but everything else is confusing with out a year specific schematic book. It doesn't look like you had to keep that many to make it work. Great build!!! Thanks for any in site
Thank you sir!

The best thing you can do is to go on Ebay and buy a factory GM wiring diagram manual…. Like this one that is only $10. (I’m assuming your 89 is a square body not a GMT400)

Without a good roadmap you will have a much more difficult time knowing exactly what to cut away. As far as my Suburban, it was very straight forward. All I kept was a 12v hot, 12v key on, starting and charging circuits and gauges (oil, volt & temp). On that other hand, I just did the same thing to a 91 K5 for a 5.3L swap but it was much more complicated compared to my Suburban as it has an auto trans and electric speedo plus it had many ABS wires to be pruned away.

Get a GM Wiring Diagram Manual…..don’t even bother with Chiltons, Hayes, All-Data or any aftermarket diagram. Get the real deal!

Don't let pictures like this one scare you too bad

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 01-05-2016 at 10:40 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote