View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #5
akart

Re: Called ORD about their Alcan springs. Change of plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by weider1717 View Post
First of all I would like to say that this expeirence was A+ Jesse I spoke with was very helpful but this may have changed my plans and looking for some insight.

If I go with ORD 4" or even their 2.5" springs I will need to swap out my rear shackle..

If I go 4" I will also need: extended brake lines, sway bar change? and typical drop pitman arm and if I move the axle 1" a longer drive shaft. Do you guys recommend moving it 1" with the 4" and 35's?? or stock location?

So as the list go more and more complex I wonder do all 4" kits require these changes on top of the knowns like drop pitman arm etc I wasn't aware of the rear shackle or a say bar change?

So, they have all my information but this may have changed me from 4" back to 2.5" which will still require their rear shackle change but I believe typical lift springs don't require a rear shackle change, correct?

The 2.5 kit all in all done was $2,419 and the 4" was $3,030 which leads me again to going to regular lift springs just due to it running more than I thought but I think that was shocks, u bolts and everything.

I believe I may be satisfied with tuff country 2" or 3" or skyjackers 2.5" and run 33's as I just want a bit beefier look. Has anyone ran both tuff country and skyjacker? Anyone want to comment on the ride quality of those two compared I looked before I couldn't find anyone who has ran both.

Thanks
I have the ORD 4" lift. (ordered the 2.5 but got the 4",it worked out)
No pitman ,sway bar or drive shaft changes needed. I went for there rear super shackles and front shackles w/poly bushings,also the U bolts. Had to get longer front shackles as the spring rode on the frame,but they sent me 1/2" longer ones for free and make sure you get the right length rear springs. I didn't and had to move the rear spring hangers back 4"(not fun). Lots of $$$. You may want to consider the Tuff Country or the skyjacker, if I did it again I would.
akart is offline   Reply With Quote