View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
68shortstep
Looks good at 20-ft .....

Re: My build. Project Karma. 71 stepside.

If you can hook up with somebody like a friendly pharmacist who would be willing to order it for you, chemistry lab "DOW Silicone Stopcock Lubricant" ... (I know, I know, sounds like it, but it's not a joke) is the best anti-seize that there is. Nothing removes it (no joke - nothing) except boiling lye - which is what it says on the label is the best way to get it off of lab glassware. Resists everything, especially rust, on bolts, etc.

You can break loose VW bug muffler bolts that have been on for years in Chicago winter saltwater streets & finger-turn them out if you had first spread on a dab of that silicone on the threads before they were tightened. VW muffler bolts are absolutely "the worst" to break off in terrible-to-get-at places.

I have a giant economy sized tube of this stuff I have used for years on everything bolted together that I think I might ever want to get loose again, and especially if it's in an area prone to rust-seizing.

You just have to be sure & not ever get it on a surface that's going to be finish-painted ......

OK, now: ----------- LET THE "STOPCOCK" JOKES BEGIN

Last edited by 68shortstep; 05-07-2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
68shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote